Friday 6 February 2015

Hot Chocolate Chia

Oh my goodness it has been ever so chilly in Devon the last few weeks. And I ran out of oil so I've had no heating....brrrrr. I woke up the other day in a room which read 5 degrees on the thermostat and just couldn't bring myself to have a cold chia pudding for breakfast. This little recipe is the same base as my Breakfast Chia Pudding but hot and chocolatey! Even better! Try adding cinnamon and ginger for a spiced version.


You will need:
1 large jar
At least 6 hours!
5 tbsp chia seeds
half a banana 
1 tbsp almond butter
300 ml almond milk
1-2 tsp date syrup
2 handfuls raspberries
flaked almonds
cocoa nibs

The night before, place your banana, 1 handful of raspberries, almond butter, almond milk and date syrup into a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into the jar and stir in your chia seeds. I usually let it settle for an hour or 2 then give it a quick stir before going to bed. 
In the morning pour into a pan and heat over a low heat with the cacao powder. Keep string so that the powder is fully combined with the pudding.
Pour into a bowl - or enormous teacup like mine - and decorate the top with extra banana, the rest of the raspberries, flaked almonds and cacao nibs. This is deliciously yummy and warming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment